Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy One Month Birthday!

Reece is one month old today! As a mom, I haven't noticed how big he has grown, but his aunt Heidi and cousin Jeff and Lynnette noticed right away. One of their first comments was how big he was. I wish I could tell you his exact measurements, but I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow. I didn't get those yet. They usually weigh him every night at the 9 PM care time. They do full measurements on Sundays. So, I'll check that out for everyone tomorrow. Sorry.
Reece had a good day. However, his ostomy bags had to be replaced twice today. Thankfully the ostomy nurses were there today and did their "magic". I was talking to one of them and she told me her program took an extra 2 years in order to become an ostomy nurse. It's nice to know they are very well qualified. Every nurse we met so far has been highly trained. We've been blessed.
Reece is awaiting a new pic line. He lost his today. He has a temporary kind of pic right now and I know there's a name for it, but I can't remember what they called it. Anyway...he's on the list for a new one. I'll let you know when it's in. When they put one in, they create a sterile field and take an x-ray to make sure it was placed correctly. It's quite an important thing for him.
Our prayer tonight is that this procedure will go well. We continue to pray prayers of thanksgiving for his recovery thus far and for all of the wonderful care he is getting. Please say another prayer for his night nurse. He has a habit of staying awake at night and it's not so easy for them I'm sure. They act very nice to me about it, but I can't imagine an unhappy baby as being one that's easy to be around.
Thanks for your prayers and support! Also, thanks to Bec for driving me up there today. BJ was able to work for a while and I could spend some extra time with Reece. She even brought me a wonderful lunch! What a true gift. Finally, thanks for the ride home Maga and Heidi. BJ had fun with the boys while we had fun with Reece. I appreciate your continuous love and support.
Blessings to all of you -Sue

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sue and BJ-
    I just heard about Reece today. I talked to
    Grandma Grace and she told me about your blog.
    Reece is a sweet precious bundle of joy. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. May God bless you and surround you with his love, comfort and strength.
    Blessings-
    Linda and Rich Vander Kooi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray for these new requests. Happy one month, Reece! And Sue, as for the night nurse. I'll say a special prayer, but also know that it is never as bad for someone else as it is for parents of the crying baby. It always helps to know you get to hand the baby off to someone else in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one month Reese!! We are praying for you all. We can't wait until we can all see the newest addition and spoil him. Thinking of you all. The Szakacs family

    With special kisses and hugs from Brooke and Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1 month BD Reese!!

    ReplyDelete