Wednesday, March 25, 2009

gas

Reece had a very regular kind of day today while BJ and I were there. His doctors kept him at 9 mls. and he slept for a while and was awake for only a slight while. We actually gave him a sponge bath. Well, truth be told, BJ did most of the bathing part. He's better with all of the crying, squirming, and slippery skin. But, I helped get the water and soap and outfit and anything else he needed. It was a team effort I like to say. :-)
Tonight, his grandma Grace and Papa were there. The report they gave was one of gas. They thought he seemed very uncomfortable and that he may have had gas. I'm sure trying to digest food isn't easy for him and he probably did have gas. But, between that and the desire to eat it's not easy trying to keep him content sometimes. BJ and I hope his gas goes away and he's able to rest comfortably tonight.
On a side note, every Wednesday we come home early to spend more time with Ben. It was so precious tonight at dinner. We sat down to grilled cheese sandwiches and were ready to pray. Usually we pray the "God is good, God is great" prayer. Tonight, BJ asked Ben if he wanted to pray that prayer. He said, "Reece" instead. He wanted to say a prayer for his brother instead of the standard. We are continuously touched by Ben's love for his brother and his belief in God's help. Jesus said to let the little children come to him. I believe Ben has Jesus in his life being with him and helping him go through having his brother in the hospital and his mommy and daddy gone a lot.
"Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes! Jesus loves me! Yes! Jesus loves me! Yes! Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so."

2 comments:

  1. Childlike faith....just pure, simple love and assurance that I am so glad you can see in Ben. It's amazing how such little ones can be a witness to us. What a special boy! Cameron says hi to him as he sees him in the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I hope you are logging these precious times with Ben in a memory book. I'm sure in some small way he will remember this time in his little life. Keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete