Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Blessing of Family and Friends

We are so wonderfully blessed with the support of family and friends. Today we had a few visitors to see Reece. It was nice to talk to others and show off his latest improvements. Reece had another good day. He slept most of the day, but woke up at night when the nurses did his care time. His morphine (not sure if I spelled that right) levels were lowered again today. He had only a little stool coming out of his bag, but at least there was some! I got to hold his body up off his bed for weighing and for changing his bed liner. It was a wonderful moment to take ahold of my son again after such a long time from holding him. BJ enjoyed the end of the evening where he could play a little with Reece and let Reece know his daddy loves him so much. However, this also made it difficult to leave knowing he was wide awake.

Reece still needs your prayers. He has to continue to fight the infection and have his intestines heal. He's continually getting anti-biotics to help fight the infections and he's being fed TPN and Lipids to help ease the stress on his bowels. We know God's healing hands are upon him and pray for continued healing and strength in the days and weeks ahead.

Thank you for reading this blog. It means a LOT to know others are caring enough to lift our little boy in prayer. God is in control.

Love in Christ,
Sue

11 comments:

  1. Sue & BJ -
    First of all, congratulations on the birth of Reece. Secondly, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this rough time. I wish the little guy all the best in healing and becoming well soon.
    Love,
    Kristi Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, BJ, and Ben, praying for you. Couldn't sleep well last night, so Reece got extra prayers. Though you can't be two places at once, remember that Ben is surrounded by people who love him. Chances are that neither he nor Reece will have any memories of this trying time for you. Funny, I sat in church yesterday next to someone whose sister is a nurse in peds at DeVos. She prayed for you guys, too. Hugs,Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ, Sue, Ben and Reece - we are praying for you. For recovery and healing for Reece and Sue and for strength BJ and Ben and for your entire family (grandparents, aunts, uncles...) DeVos is a great place for our littlest family members to be when they need excellent care.

    In our prayers,
    The Klingenbergs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Sue and BJ - I just found the blog so will be faithfully following and joining the other prayer warriors as we pray your family through this. My first prayer is that you feel the arms of your loving heavenly father wrapped tightly around you. The Sikma's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Sue, BJ, Ben and Reece!

    Reece is just beautiful! I'm so glad to see the encouraging news from yesterday and we will continue to pray for Reece's healing as well as for strength for him and the entire family. What a fortunate little boy to be born into such a loving, faithful family!!

    Bryan, Angie and Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Sue! I look forward to seeing you soon, but I don't want to be a stampede to the hospital quite yet! I am sure you know that prayers are being said all over! Last night, Bentheim Reformed uplifted you all in prayers it's so refreshing to see how a community can pull together! I am so thankful for Heidi and Tracy to put together this blog - I am sure this makes life SO much easier now! Take care and give your little guys (Ben and Reece - hehe) a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BJ & Sue,

    I just heard that you had a baby boy and he was in DeVos Hospital, we are praying for Reese and the both of you at this time for healing for Reese and strenght for the days ahead for rest for Sue, travel to and back from the hospital and knowing that he is being cared for by the best hospital. You are in our prayers.

    Cris And Tom Burton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue,
    You and your family have been in my thoughts. I hope you are staying sane. I know I have said this a ton, but I am so willing to help if you need anything. I am normally home by 1:30 p.m. or so. Just let me know. In the mean-time, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Katharine Valz

    ReplyDelete
  9. BJ and Sue,
    Our family is praying for your little guy, Reece. He sure is a cutie. Hang in there and let us know if you need anything. You guys are AWESOME!!! God bless, Love, The Carlsons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sue,

    I had no idea until this morning that you were in GR with Reece. Having just read your blog, I see that you and BJ (and family) have been through some very stressful days. Know that our prayers go with you as you travel back and forth, having to leave one boy behind each time you do. Be safe.
    Jon and Lori Sanders

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue and BJ,

    Have been keeping up with progress through my parents and this blog. Cannot tell you how much I want Reece to be well and home with his family. Am praying for all of you.

    Your cousin from down south.

    ReplyDelete