Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reece is now off the ventilator! YEAH! I was even able to "hold" him. He rested on a pillow with his head in my arms. I felt a little unsure of it at first because he looked uncomfortable. However, his nurse assured me it was a good thing to hold him and that he was probably uncomfortable because of all of the tubes that were in his throat. He was just getting used to being free of them. Now, he just has a tube from his nose to his stomach that is helping him heal before he can digest too much. We are glad he is able to breathe on his own thus far and the doctor thought he should be able to handle it no problem! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah....another step closer! :) give him a kiss for me! love ya, heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, Sue and BJ. Glad he is doing so well. Praying that these next several days will go fast for you!

    ReplyDelete