Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3 months old!

Reece is now 3 months old and is doing well. His bili-levels are going down slowly and he's no longer seeing his surgical doctor. This week, we'll complete a "test" of sorts that he's been under. To give a little history... just before Reece's appointment at his Pediatrician I noticed some blood in Reece's stool. It only was visible once a day and at the same time of the day. Thus, we told Dr. Green who had us take a stool smear sample to see if it really was blood. We had to do more than one sample. The results showed that there was blood in his stool. Dr. Green asked me to cut out dairy from my diet while I'm nursing him. Unfortunately, I was still not producing enough for him and knew he needed formula. So...Reece is on a special formula for a trial period. We are going to do another smear test later this week and send in the results on Friday. Hopefully it's just that he needs to stay on this formula and he'll be fine.

Life with 2 boys is always an adventure. I know Ben loves his little brother and wants to spend his time with Reece touching his face or holding his hand or talking to him really close and loudly. I guess he thinks Reece will understand him better that way? We're working on how to talk to a baby and how to touch gently and as a mom I just want him to continue to love his little brother as much as possible. Just the sparkle in his eyes is a wonder to see when he watches Reece smile at him. It's a Kodak moment by far.

Speaking of which - I won't be adding new pictures on here unless I can get the help of my wonderful sister-in-law. And, I won't be blogging that often anymore.

However, thanks for your prayers and thanks for your support! We are so greatly blessed by you! - Sue and the boys

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sue-

    Glad to hear Reece is doing well! Life with kids is always an adventure for sure. Have a great summer with your boys!

    Tina Jacobsen

    ReplyDelete