Friday, May 8, 2009

Test time changed

Did you know that a child needs to be on phenabarbytol (I sound spelled that one - good ole' First Grade training) for 5 days before a HIDA scan? Well, today would have been day 3. So, the test has been post-poned until Monday morning at 8:30 AM. I'd like you to know though - God IS answering prayers - Reece's bili-levels have gone done a little. YEAH! Not that it makes that much difference to the entire plan of action, but it means a lot to us as parents. He has lost weight the last two nights. I guess with all of the liver talk I totally forgot to pray for weight gain again. I can see God's love in Reece's eyes, in his hand grip (including the thumb tucked in which he loves to do), in his coo, in his kicks, in his cries, in his squirts, in his smiles and especially in his cuddles. It's amazing to think the God who plays with the dancing fireflies by night is the same God who cuddles our little Reece and rocks him to sleep. Thanks for your prayers -Sue

8 comments:

  1. Not only do I pray for weight gain, but also for the jaundice to go away. I pray the test that is scheduled won't show anything wrong with internal organs. I pray Reece will be able to rest and sleep, and also for Mom & Dad as you continue to keep watch, wonder, and pray for your little one. The beauty of Sunday, is still that you have 2 boys. Isn't that grand?

    Sorry, I've been out of touch a bit with posts.
    Will be watching as God continues to hear our prayers.
    Know that you are loved!
    Brenda Roels, Overisel Ref. Church

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for the little steps that were made today. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if those bili-levels just kept going down, and the weight went up? Those will be my specific prayers as the weekend goes on, Sue. Lori and I were wondering what, if anything you need right now. Think about that. I'll try and call sometime this weekend. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, we continue to pray that the bili-levels go down for the little peanut! Have a wonderful and blessed Mother's day Sue! You ARE one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,
    I just ran into Tiffany today and she told me about Reece. I just wanted to let you know Josh and I are praying for Reece, and your beautiful family! I miss you - Sarah Powell

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY SUE! Praying for Reece today for lower bili-levels and for all of you as a family. Praying for all these little setbacks to quickly get taken care of so you can all be home as a family. No one said being a mom is easy, but God gives us strength, patience and extra grace when we need it. Love & Prayers, Tami Poll

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that Mother's Day brings you some special blessings today and that you get to enjoy being a mom, even if it is with two kiddos at two different times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day Sue! I'll keep praying for Reece to get all better. Judy B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:20; I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, the doctors, and Reece. Close your eyes and feel God's love all around you, and the love of all of us who are praying with you.
    Grandma Carol (Bluestar)

    ReplyDelete